What are the qualities we can develop which will assist with spiritual awakening into connection with all life?
Suffering springs only when our mind indulges in unnecessary thoughts about living in past or future, without living in the present. The whole process of spiritual growth is confronting oneself.
Sri Amma Bhagavan, Oneness University
The following describe 5 qualities to cultivate for spiritual awakening. I will give the remaining qualities in subsequent articles.
1. Passion – To experience passion for spiritual awakening, first understand you suffer. We suffer because our mind lives in the past or future. We most always hear the chattering of our minds. Even when a painful event has ended, we still continue to talk to the other person in our minds.
Direct your passion with reason that your passion may live through its own daily resurrection, and like the phoenix rise above its own ashes. Khalil Gibran
2. Forgive Others – We hold onto to hurts from others expecting them to change. Learn from the experience, forgive the other, and move on rather than continuing to create suffering for yourself.
It really doesn’t matter if the person who hurt you deserves to be forgiven. Forgiveness is a gift you give yourself. You have things to do and you want to move on. Author Unknown
3. Forgive Yourself – When you become aware you have hurt another rather than justifying your actions, seek forgiveness from them. Most important forgive yourself.
When you accept what is there in its truth, then you are released. One does not release through rejection, one releases through love. Emmanuel, a spiritual teacher
So the smart brain must be balanced with a warm heart, a good heart – a sense of responsibility, of concern for the well-being of others. Dalai Lama
5. Relationship with Life – When do you discontinue a relationship because of some conflict. In what ways do you close down to experiencing life? When did you close down? Rather than resisting, consider saying Yes to life.
There is no time to miss anyone or anything because you are alive. Not enjoying what is happening right now is living in the past and being only half alive. This leads to self-pity, suffering and tears.
Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom
3 Ways to Help Spiritual Awakening:
· Practice each quality in your daily life whenever possible.
· Become aware of qualities you lack.
· Pray to the Divine for these qualities.
When the effort to become awakened ceases, you are awakened. Sri Amma Bhagavan
As Eckhart Tolle says, The word enlightenment conjures up the idea of some superhuman accomplishment, and the ego likes to keep it that way, but it is simply your natural state of felt oneness with Being.
See Also Revealing 21 Unique Qualities to Cultivate for Spiritual Awakening Part 2
Revealing 21 Unique Qualities to Cultivate for Spiritual Awakening Part 3
Revealing 21 Unique Qualities to Cultivate for Spiritual Awakening Part 4
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Michael David Lawrience provides ways for improving emotional health, easing pain and stress, healing physical and emotional abuse, and spiritual awakening. https://www.amazon.com/Emotional-Health-Secret-Freedom-Trauma/dp/0615479170
Michael as a Residential and Self-Esteem Coach and Mentor has over 13 years’ experience teaching teen’s self-awareness, self-esteem, and self-reliance. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009L4JLMO
Michael offers Bowen Therapy in person in Sedona, Arizona for easing physical and emotional pain. https://www.emotionalhealthtips.com/bowen-therapy-sedona/
Michael also conducts personalized hiking tours in Sedona for emotional and spiritual breakthroughs.
Please Comment. What Did You Find Helpful? Suggestions to Improve Articles?