I described qualities 1 – 5 in a previous article 21 Qualities to Cultivate for Spiritual Awakeninghttps://www.emotionalhealthtips.com/spiritual-awakening-9/
The following describe qualities 6 – 10 to cultivate for spiritual awakening. I will give the remaining qualities in subsequent articles.
6. Inner Integrity – Practice being honest with yourself. Lack of integrity increases separation between us and others. It increases separation from our authentic inner self. It increases our suffering.
Inner integrity is to see what is going on inside you without the mind justifying things. – Sri Amma Bhagavan
7. Life Review – Review your life. See how you affected others and your shortcomings.
To offer no resistance to life is to be in a state of grace, ease, and lightness. – Eckhart Tolle
8. Confront Your Fears – Fear arises when we see in our minds a threat to ourselves, or a thought of failure, the future, rejection, or the unknown.
So the single most vital step on your journey toward enlightenment is this: learn to dis-identify with your mind. Every time you create a gap in the stream of mind the light of your consciousness grows stronger. – Eckhart Tolle
9. Accept Yourself – To awaken spiritually, accept your level of present development you experience at the present moment. In addition, learn from your mistakes and do better next time.
Don’t label anything as good or bad. That’s why you suffer, that’s what stops you from being optimistic. Accept yourself and everything in you. – Byron Katie
10. Stop Craving For Importance – Become aware of your need for importance as it arises. How does this need create separation?
All cravings are the mind seeking salvation or fulfillment in external things and in the future as a substitute for the joy of Being. – Eckhart Tolle
3 Ways to Help Spiritual Awakening:
- Practice each quality in your daily life whenever possible.
- Become aware of qualities you lack.
- Pray to the Divine for these qualities.
Individual transformation would bring about a global transformation. When we say this, we do not mean the world is going to change. What we are saying is people are going to change as individuals inwardly. Amma Bhagavan
See if you can catch yourself complaining in either speech or thought, about a situation you find yourself in, what other people do or say… To complain is always non acceptance of what is… When you complain, you make yourself a victim. Leave the situation or accept it. All else is madness. – Eckhart Tolle
See Also Revealing 21 Unique Qualities to Cultivate for Spiritual Awakening Part 3
Revealing 21 Unique Qualities to Cultivate for Spiritual Awakening Part 4
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Michael David Lawrience provides ways for improving emotional health, easing pain and stress, healing physical and emotional abuse, and spiritual awakening. https://www.amazon.com/Emotional-Health-Secret-Freedom-Trauma/dp/0615479170
Michael as a Residential and Self-Esteem Coach and Mentor has over 13 years’ experience teaching teen’s self-awareness, self-esteem, and self-reliance. See eBook https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009L4JLMO
Michael offers Bowen Therapy in person in Sedona, Arizona for easing physical and emotional pain. https://www.emotionalhealthtips.com/bowen-therapy-sedona/
Michael also conducts personalized hiking tours in Sedona for emotional and spiritual breakthroughs.