The inner nurturer ensures the child is fully heard. Also, the child has freedom to play within imaginary kingdoms. The inner sage translates the child’s non-verbal communications. These get relayed to the inner warrior.
Is Your Inner Child Dysfunctional or Healthy?
Dysfunctional Inner Child
- Lacks self-esteem; feels something is wrong with them.
- Strives to receive attention outside themselves.
- Feels less than – see me – hear me.
- Constant mind chatter, wanting to figure everything out.
- Criticizes itself. Blames itself. Feels ashamed a lot.
- Wants to be in control. Does your child control and run your life instead of your Adult?
Note: Our child connects to our body, feelings.
- Expresses feelings and emotions
- Enjoys living in the now moment
- Feels safe and valued
- Life force flows through the body
- Lives with innocence and spontaneity
- Plays and explores his/her environment
- Radiates happiness and joy
Note: When subconscious conflicts and patterns clear our child heals. We can bypass our left brain and trust our intuitive feelings when making decisions. The healthy child uses feelings as its guide for truth.
- The unhealthy child engages in codependent behaviors. They use their power to manipulate. Dysfunction equals powerlessness.
- Nothing heals a child’s broken heart when unheard and misunderstood.
- When healed a child responds rather than reacts.