Find Your Purpose
Your life has an inner life purpose and an outer purpose. Inner purpose concerns “Being” and is primary. Outer purpose concerns “doing” and it is secondary. Eckhart Tolle, A New Earth
Tolle says we have an inner as well as an outer purpose. According to Tolle, to find your inner purpose involves spiritually awakening to your oneness with all humanity – a common purpose. This requires a shift in our brains which allows us to “Be” more present in the moment. More and more people across the planet experience this inner purpose each month.
Our outer purpose concerns “doing” i.e. taking action steps. Being in alignment with the inner purpose of humanity brings us greater joy in our outer purpose.
Does Your Outer Purpose Involve Making More Money/Having More?
Mark Rose in Discovering Your Life’s Purpose outlines 3 steps to find your life purpose. The first step requires helping others. Think about what you and most people do in your jobs. You provide a service in some way, either mundane like a fast food worker or more complex as a C.E.O. of a business serving others.
3 Steps to Find Your Purpose:
1. What do you want to do to help others?
2. What do you enjoy/love doing – your passion?
3. What talents do you have to find and fulfill your purpose?
Does your life purpose that you love help others by using your strengths and talents?
Note: Your present job may be the same as your purpose. If your job differs from what brings you joy, as it does for most people, would it give you time to pursue your purpose once you discovered it?
1. Write your purpose at the top of a sheet of paper. (How can you best help others?)
2. Write each thing that interests you – dreams/passions/hobbies – on one line with a blank line under each.
3. Put your list away for 1-2 hours or until you can come back to it.
4. Now add to or cross out items that no longer apply.
B – Exercise to Find Your Purpose
1. On a new sheet of paper write your purpose at the top.
2. Write all careers/jobs that correspond.
3. Leave and look at in a few days.
4. Add to or cross out items that no longer apply.
5. If you want ask the Divine for a sign to show you a confirmation. Wait.
Note: Once you discover your purpose, do something every day to pursue it.
Other Articles on How to Find Your Life Purpose:
What is the Best Way to Find Your Life Purpose? https://www.emotionalhealthtips.com/life-purpose
Stop! How to Find Your Life Purpose and Passion. https://www.emotionalhealthtips.com/life-purpose-and-passion/
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Michael David Lawrience is the author of Emotional Health: The Secret from Drama, Trauma, and Pain. His book provides ways for improving emotional health, easing pain and stress, healing physical and emotional abuse, and spiritual awakening. See book on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Emotional-Health-Secret-Freedom-Trauma/dp/0615479170
Michael as a previous Residential and Self-Esteem Coach and Mentor has over 15 years’ experience teaching teen’s self-awareness, self-esteem, and self-reliance. See eBook Self Esteem- A Teen’s Guide for Girls. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009L4JLMO This book is valuable for women also.
Michael offers Bowen Therapy in person in Sedona, Arizona for easing physical and emotional pain. https://www.emotionalhealthtips.com/bowen-therapy-sedona
Michael also conducts personalized hiking tours in Sedona for emotional and spiritual breakthroughs.