Man is the densest of all beings; the microcosm of the macrocosm
As such he is the pivot point of cosmic chance.
Balancing the inner subpersonalities,
he sets in motion a ripple effect that closes down
the illusion of time and space. ~Almine, Mystic & Visionary
What are Subpersonalities?
Subpersonalities originally formed to protect us. If we find them triggered often, then they also hinder our emotional and spiritual growth or just finding joy in our lives.
A simple way to explain subpersonalities – do you still experience different critical self talk in your head? These voices indicate unhealed trauma or unresolved conflicts within us.
• Many different personality selves or subpersonalities live within each of us. Each has its own feelings and thoughts.
• They form at different ages as a result of life experiences to protect us.
• You may have experienced the people pleaser, the wounded inner child, or the critic that limits your finances. These represent a few examples of subpersonalities of as many as up to 12 in the average person.
• Subpersonalities act as a range of behaviors and feelings which work outside our consciousness and even against our conscious intentions. Some relate to different roles in our lives, some as a result of traumas from childhood.
• Roberto Assagioli M.D., founder of Psychosynthesis says that we can mold them into a higher unity by recognizing (and healing them) rather than identifying with them.
• Healing our subpersonalities involves balancing and then transcending them. As I said earlier, unhealed subpersonalities impede our spiritual growth.
The following is a brief summary of the teachings of Almine, Mystic & Visionary on our subpersonalities which include our inner child, nurturer, sage and warrior. I like Almine’s approach in contrast to known psychological methods to sub-personalities, as she sees healing them as a way to greater spiritual growth.
The subpersonalities of the Sage, Warrior and Nurturer represent the three stages of linear change: Transfiguration, transformation and transmutation. The average person goes through these stages again and again … But some portions of the insights are not gained during each stage. Thus, there are unevolved parts of us that fall behind; stay immature. Almine
Almine: The Tools of the Immature Subpersonalities
The Inner Child uses our subconscious mind as its tool e.g., critical self-talk. Examples: Critic; Hurt Child; Invisible Child.
The Nurturer controls our lives through feelings by using our unconscious right brain. It focuses only on feeling good i.e., a physical life of sensuality. Examples: People Pleaser; Rescuer; Romantic.
The Sage or Wise Woman exerts command of the instinctual mind for survival. Examples: Hermit; Saint; Savior.
The Warrior or Warrioress wields our left brain to control life or have power over something rather than surrendering to Divine Grace. Examples: Dominatrix; Protector; Quester.
Note: I came up with some examples for the above 4 types, as subpersonalities variations are limitless.
Our relationships mirror back to us what is real or unreal within ourselves. The 4 subpersonalities represent the unreal which we can become more aware of and heal on our journey of spiritual growth.
What sub-personalities run your life? I will write articles on each of the 4 subpersonalities in more detail.
See Also: Subpersonalities: Inner Child https://www.emotionalhealthtips.com/2014/09/06/sub-personalities-inner-child
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Michael David Lawrience is the author of Emotional Health: The Secret from Drama, Trauma, and Pain His book provides ways for improving emotional health, easing pain and stress, healing physical and emotional abuse, and spiritual awakening. See book on Amazon http://ow.ly/zcTEo
Michael as a Residential and Self-Esteem Coach and Mentor has over 13 years’ experience teaching teen’s self-awareness, self-esteem, and self-reliance. See eBook Self Esteem- A Teen’s Guide for Girls http://ow.ly/zcTHa
Michael offers Bowen Therapy in person in Sedona, Arizona for easing physical and emotional pain. See http://emotionalhealthtips.com/bowen-therapy Michael also conducts personalized hiking tours in Sedona for emotional and spiritual growth.
Michael also conducts personalized hiking tours in Sedona for emotional and spiritual breakthroughs https://www.sedonamysticaltours.com/company/michael-david-lawrience/